Friday, March 18, 2011

holy cow I need to update.

So it's been something like a month since I posted last, some super cool stuff has happened!

My birthday was awesome.  I spent it exactly how I wanted- with good company and good beer.  It was a great way to break in 25... along with a sinus infection.  But YAY for free antibiotics at Publix!

We stayed at Pub Life for a night in St. Augustine.  It's an awesome little place situated on the second floor of Ann O'Malley's.  Free drinks and free food.. and we got invited onto the Double Decker Pub Crawl bus, and hopped to a few different bars before Josh met a guy that he got to talk Rush to.  We were pretty lit by that point, and the bus had left the bar we landed at.  After a long.. long walk back to the pub, we filled up the clawfoot tub, relaxed, and finally crawled into bed.
On an embarrassing note, I remember waking up in the middle of the night having to pee so bad.. I couldn't find the doorknob in the dark, and I started crying because I didn't want to pee on myself.  Did I mention that we had A LOT to drink?  Josh claims to not recall any of this.  A true gentleman, he is.

We roamed around the town for a bit the next day, both of us terribly hungover.  Drank a lot of water, made it halfway up the lighthouse, and then retreated back home and slept for hours.  Apparently, staying out late, drinking in smokey bars isn't the best thing to do when you're fighting off an infection.  My voice was gone for about two weeks, which made work tons of fun.

I finally got my passport, so the honeymoon is 100% go now.  Josh was super worried that I'd put it off for too long and I wouldn't get it back in time, but luckily for an extra $40, it showed up two weeks after I submitted the paperwork.  Laura Phalen can now legally travel abroad!

I started watching Mad Men from season one.. and can I say ADDICTED and thoroughly infatuated with Jon Hamm.

That's just a small side note from one of the more AWESOME things that have happened since my last post.  Josh told me that his best friend and ladyfriend were coming to town and that I would have to pick them up from the airport.  Only when I pulled up the curb at JAX, my aunt and grandma were waving at me!  What a fantastic surprise!  We got to take them around to our favorite restaurants and spent an afternoon at the beach.  It was so great to have two of my favorite people under my roof for a few days.  We also got to nail down some wedding details, which made Josh and I even more excited for the coming months.

In other news of plans coming together:  Josh and his boys booked their flights!  Talk about an awesome bachelor party.. a week in Japan!  I wish this was one of those trips that I could beg enough to go along.  He's so excited- said they've been planning a trip like this since they were in grade school.  I demand souvenirs!

A comic book that I had a hand in creating should be finished by this summer.  That's an awesome thing to say.  I'm waiting to hear back about publishing/printing costs.  If anyone would be interested in getting their hands on a copy, let me know.  Any copies sold would certainly help recoup the expenses, and maybe put a little cash in the pockets of the guys that did all the hard work.

Had a great St. Patrick's day- cooked up some pot roast, potato casserole, homestyle green beans and biscuits at the request of a friend that wanted mountain food.

Hope everyone out there in internet land is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment