Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Robits! Running!

It feels good to make progress. I don't give myself the opportunity to be proud of myself very often.  But this was too great to let go- I started running at the end of December.  1.3 miles in 30 minutes.  Since then, I've jumped up to 2.3 miles in 35 minutes.  I even increased my walk/run speed from 2.5/4.5 to 3.0/4.7.  The transition up was an awesome feeling in and of itself- I realized one evening that the treadmill wasn't moving fast enough for my pace, rather than me trying to keep up with it!  Once I adjusted the speed to fit my gate, it was easier to run longer, I didn't feel as winded, I was even able to push myself run extra minutes.  Shin splits took me down for a little while, but I'm certainly not out!

I'm gaining on that last mile!  I'm also super pumped that Josh ordered me new running shoes for my birthday :)

In other news, I've been bitten by the artistic bug.  I've been saying that I wanted to paint something for our living room since we moved in to this apartment.  A year later, I finally found my way to Hobby Lobby and picked up some acrylic paints and a smallish canvas.

The finished product ended up being part of Josh's Valentine.
I ended up picking up three more canvasses and did these, too:







I'm pumped about all these!  Check back in for more later on!  I've got some wedding ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment