Sunday, January 23, 2011

I don't wanna get bungled in.

WOO!  Finished week 4 of couch to 5k!  *celebratory pat on the back*  I thought for sure that
I wouldn't be able to make it through this week, nevermind finish and still have enough energy at the end to throw down a few more minutes of running!  Go me, go me.. it's almost my birthday.. I'm gonna make 25 look good. 

Still not shedding the poundage I'd like to, but I can see a difference in my arms and legs just from running and lifting.  I downloaded an app called My Fitness Pal, so it's been a hell of a lot easier keeping track of what I eat.  Must.. Keep.. Hands.. Out.. Of.. Candy.. Jar... Gum has been my saving grace the past few days.  I'm trying to keep myself from fridge sniping when I'm bored and eying the payday bars on the candy rack at work. (I caved and had one today.. but I ran it off at the gym and it was worth every delicious calorie.)

I'm planning on repeating week 4 to build up my endurance to start week 5 next week.  I went from comfortably doing 1.3 miles to 2 miles pretty quickly, so hopefully this week will give me the extra boost I need to finally nail that last mile.  I increased my walking speed from 2.5 to 3 and my jogging speed from 4.5 to 4.7.  I'm not setting any speed goals until after I finish and thoroughly reward myself (new tattoo whoop whoop!!)

In other news, I got a new phone!  Picked up the HTC Evo and it's AWESOME.  I've been nerding out over this thing since I got it.  It's been a total geek-gasm.  Josh is jealous, as he should be.  He's still sold on getting an iPhone when Verizon launches them in February.

Family life is still stressful.  I won't divulge gory details, but it's not exactly a field of daisies.  I had somewhat of an epiphany a few days ago.  I spent so many years trying to keep from drawing my mom's attention, that it's crept over into my personal life.  I've been afraid to draw attention, exceed expectations, or do anything that would single me out.  I can't do that anymore.  I'm too awesome.  It's time to start living for Laura and stop holding myself back.  As my grandmother told me: my life is now.  And as my geography professor said: brag about your accomplishments- you accomplished something, so you should be proud.

It hit me today, I don't miss beer half as much as I thought I would.  Now I have an excuse to only drink the good stuff.  Josh brought home a couple UFO's and two different Deliriums that I'm giddy to try.

Also- I'm getting married in SIX months. (*glee*)  The Ricky Gervais show is the funniest thing I've ever seen.  Karl Pilkington is my favorite person to quote right now.

1 comment: