Saturday, January 29, 2011

Temporary home

It's been an interesting few days..

I had my first crappy night at the gym, which was bound to happen.  I got about 1/4 of a mile into my run and my calves started cramping, which moved up to my knees and my thighs.  I tried to stretch it out, to no avail, still made it a mile and a half.  I think it's time for new shoes and/or impact absorbing insoles.  The pain kept me out of the gym for a few days, picking up again should be fun.

I came home from school on Thursday and found a kennel on my porch and two green eyes staring at me from inside.  I thought stuff like that only happened in stories- no one in real life just drops animals (or babies) off on porches.  They didn't even bother to leave a note or anything.  I had no idea how I was even going to begin to explain to Josh how I just FOUND a cat on our doorstep. 

I brought it inside and holed up in the bathroom.. just in case it decided to freak out, or was covered in whatever a random cat could be covered in.  I won't lie.. it felt like I'd been visited by the kitty fairy- giddy and excited.  I opened up the crate and this BEAUTIFUL black cat walks out.  Hands down one of the prettiest (and biggest) cats I've ever had the privilege of taking care of.   She's the size of a smaller dog, and now she's getting comfortable on my bathroom counter.
You're a kitty!




I knew there was no way we'd be able to keep her- not with my allergies and Josh's disdain for cats, but she was so sweet and not at all shy about making herself at home.  She was a perfect shadow, and a grade A nappin' buddy.  It took a couple days, but we managed to find a home for her with some friends from work.  I cried to Josh last night that I didn't want to take her to a shelter because they'd just put her down, and she's far too good natured to not get a chance to be someone's companion.

I cried to Josh about quite a bit last night.  Laura got a wee drunk off several Wee Heavies.  We hit up the Scottish and import beer festival last night, got some neat swag and won a free stay at Pub Life!  Bitchin' hangover today, puffy eyes and all.. probably one of the worst I've ever had.  Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger fixed my stomach right up, but I'm still waiting on the headache to subside.

We're headed to Singleton's tonight to enjoy some delicious fish..  mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment