Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So I made my friends watch Pink Flamingos and now I'm not sure if I have friends anymore..

A couple weeks ago, a few friends of mine decided that we should set up a weekly movie/dinner night.  Great idea- a weekly hang out, explore new movies, pester Tara's cats.  Win/win.

The first pick was Tacos & Gothika.  I love tacos, but I learned that I can't watch suspense movies, especially not inebriated.

Last night, Tara made chicken and vegetable curry.  It was sooo good.  My pick was Pink Flamingos.  Let me (attempt to) redeem myself by saying:
1- I'd never seen Pink Flamingos prior to movie night last night.
2- Chicken rape?  I'm so sorry.
3- I had no idea there would be a gaping asshole.
4- The turd in a box was funny.  

Josh is up next, his pick is Memento.  I'm sure everyone is thrilled that I won't get another movie pick for a few weeks.  I promise that I won't pick anymore bizarre B movies.  I won't even suggest Grey Gardens.. Maybe I should pick a selection and leave it up to the rest of the group.

Dear friends, I look forward to weeks of attempting to gain back your respect.  If I am unable to do so, please don't hold it against Josh.  He's such a nice boy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Pink Flamingos. Props for the balls, but no way do you have that kind of movie night game yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memento is a REALLY good movie! Josh will win big with this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol um yeah.....that's a um....interesting movie. And an even more interesting choice on your part. I think Grey Gardens should make an appearance at EVERY movie night gathering. ALL MUST/SHOULD SEE GREY GARDENS (the HBO version first so you understand the background). :) SOFT SHOE EDIE HOW CAN YOU RESIST????

    ReplyDelete